Thursday 12 February 2015

Sweets for your sweet: Valentine's Day 2015

I truly believe that you should never just confine love to just one day - or, in other words, your loved ones should know how you feel about them 24/7, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

Valentine's day isn't about over the top, romantic gestures for me - rather, my heart can be won by little tokens of meaningful affection - a small card with a heartfelt note, a cute cupcake, or homecooked food. Words and gestures should say it all - no need for extravagant floral arrangements, decadent diamonds or - as I've seen before on social media - ipads and holidays - though each to their own! Meaningful romantic gestures can take on a variety of forms dependent on the couple, of course!

Yes, more often than not, words and small tokens are the best ways to show love in my opinion. For me, Valentine's Day is often marked simply by adding a hint of pink or red to the day's outfit, and enjoying some quality time with someone special.

Valentine's Day shouldn't be confined to loved-up couples either - love is felt for friends and family and even for yourself, so it's the perfect opportunity to spoil someone special in your life, be they your other half, friend, housemate or relative...don't confine it to romantic relationships.

In light of my thoughts, here are a selection of bits and pieces which I will be making use of this Valentines. I was lucky enough to be gifted a little box of edible Valentine's Day treats from Marks and Spencer* - so I've decided to pair them up with a few of my personal love-themed favourites which I will wear and use on Saturday. No trips to see Fifty Shades of Grey for me!




As usual, I only blog about things I really like - and believe me, these edible gifts are pure heaven.

Guys and gals, if you're trying to woo your beloved and you're stuck for ideas, head over to M&S - they have the perfect little treats to spoil your lad or lass without going over the top.

Firstly there are their 'Love Bugs' - delicious little chocolate domes filled with oozing caramel. Then they've created 'Nuts About You'...'caramelised peanuts smothered in milk chocolate with crispy butterscotch pieces'. Wow...these are some very naughty little bites of heaven! 

'Lovers Heart' is an adorable pack of two chocolate biscuits coated in vanilla fondant and raspberry pieces - and really is made to be shared over a cup of tea - my idea of bliss. However, if you or your sweetheart are not fans of chocolate, then 'Hook Line and Sinker' is for you - an assortment of jelly sweets to tickle the taste buds. A lovely idea from M&S to cater for those who can't (or won't!) be indulging in chocolate.



These M&S treats are perfect to be shared, or indulged in alone! You'll be tempted to keep it all for yourself, just as I am... I'm very much an advocate for self-love, so why not treat yourself to a packet or two?

This Valentine's Day I'll be enjoying my M&S goodies with a few other love themed delights:

My lips will be painted in Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balm in Elusive.
I'll be smelling divinely of Nina by Nina Ricci.
My lashes will be coated with my current favourite, Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara.

Last year I also wrote a little advice about falling in love with yourself. It is so important to make sure that you put yourself first often and satisfy your own needs, showing the same affection to your own soul as you do for others. This is another important thing to remember this Valentine's Day, and another excuse to treat yourself!

Happy Valentine's Day one and all - and remember, everyone has a valentine - just be sure to love yourself first.

*As usual, these treats were provided for me by Marks & Spencer, but all views are my own. The other products mentioned are all my own, and were purchased myself.

She Wears Burgundy

No comments:

Post a Comment