Friday 15 August 2014

Burgundy Blogroll: July

It's time for me to share with you some more of my favourite posts of the past month (it's a little delayed, but I'm sure you'll forgive me!). There were some lovely posts in July; I won't lie to you, many of them were food based (the way to my heart really is via my stomach!) but they're all worth popping onto my monthly blogroll.

I hope you enjoy reading some of these gems - if you do, let me know in the comments! As always, the titles are linked.  Hopefully you may find some new favourites amongst them.





What Olivia Did: Salted Caramel Popcorn and English Breakfast Muffins

Salted Caramel Popcorn                         English Breakfast Muffins

Olivia's recipes are always a firm favourite of mine. Ok...I've never had the time to actually try them, but I have them all stored up for a drizzly Sunday afternoon this autumn for a baking extravaganza. These recipes are, of course, on that very list, and Olivia has outdone herself! The popcorn sounds like the perfect movie-night snack, and had me drooling all over my keyboard at work when I read it at lunchtime (not really...that would be disgusting!) Only this morning I was waxing lyrical about how much I love crumpets (with Nutella, no less!) so I'd love to make my own using Olivia's recipe - it's always best knowing what goes into your food! If you haven't checked out the rest of her recipes, I really encourage you to.




A Level results have now been released, and thousands will be starting university in September. But what if you didn't get in? What if you didn't even want to apply? Another brilliant (non-food related) post from Olivia, this time detailing her decision to leave university and follow her heart. I adored being a student, being quite the academic, but several family members and friends chose a different path and in today's university-centred society it's vital to remember that no degree does not mean no hope - in fact, it means just the opposite.



This post isn't what it says on the tin. I've been growing more and more in love with Zoe's blog and her honest, grounded and colourful view of the world. At a time of year when we are all feeling a bit inadequate in the bikini-body department (for no good reason...what even is a bikini body anyway?!) Zoe questions the entire concept and offers a little reassurance. Definitely one to read just before your trip to the pool.



I jump for joy whenever the lovely Hannah posts, because it always means she has something worthwhile to say. This post is just fantastic. In a world where we are always attached to a screen and constantly multitasking - when was the last time you watched TV without being on Twitter? - there is just no time or awareness of the need for literally switching off. I hope to write about this theme soon, and was completely inspired to take more care of myself when it comes to technology. Read this, and start planning your blackout. Preferably with a hot bubble bath, a best friend or chocolate, of course.


Honestly Healthy: Mindless Eating - By Chris James

I love getting inspired by Honestly Healthy, and this post really spoke to me. Another example of our need to multitask; more often than not I find myself eating dinner in front of the TV, watching Netflix, reading blogs or scrolling down my phone. It's time to be more aware of what we put in our mouths, and how it affects us; the tastes and smells and even colours of food should be a joy, not a necessary part of the day. Read this post...but not at your dinner table.



Darling Magazine: Getting your Attention
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

A brilliant series which I love popping back to, and on a very similar theme to those above. We have so much going on in our lives that we now have very limited attention spans; we are always thinking of something else, not giving people enough time, not listening enough. It's time to get back in the room and really take stock of what is going on around us.


Which posts or ideas have really caught your eye in the last month?


No comments:

Post a Comment