Monday 21 April 2014

Pancakes, Plums and the Perfect Chai Latte


I've sampled Chai Lattes from many different chains and cafes- Costa Coffee serve the worst by far - but the best I've ever tasted are from Finch House in Tonbridge, Kent. They're creamy and spicy without being overwhelming. They taste of comfort in a cup; one sip will instantly calm me down and relax me. I order mine skinny, but no richness is lost. It's always foamy, silky and delicious.

I visited Finch House last week and took my best friend Lou. I couldn't resist ordering a skinny Chai Latte as usual and a Vegetarian Savoury Pancake - loaded with fresh spinach, mushrooms, tomato and mozzarella. Lou plumped for the ultimate toastie which well and truly lived up to its name; three types of cheese, peppers, tomatoes and some slices of chorizo. I even treated myself to a fresh plum and almond tart afterwards which was light and tasty - I am having a true love affair with almonds at the moment and just had to taste it - the perfect sweet treat! I did eye up their homemade salted caramel brownies but, alas, lent prevented me from indulging in chocolate, so I am hoping they still have them when I go back!

I adore little cafes like Finch House; there's nothing like finding somewhere unique and close to you. The cafe itself is open, airy and bustling (without being overbearing or loud). They sell fresh local produce too - which I find is always the mark of a good venue. It's a thoroughly cute cafe with light-coloured paint and countrified details. The wallpaper upstairs is even adorned with little finches.

I will always return to Finch House and, if you're ever in the area, I really recommend it as a delicious, friendly and fresh alternative to the chains of coffee shops and cafes in and around local towns. I get so bored of the same-old options, so I can't wait to go back again - if only I was always nearby!

Jo
xxx

6 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more with costa's being the absolute worst. I bought some chair syrup to make my own at home, and it's just as bad. nero use powder which is nicer, but borderline just cinnamon coffee. it's hard to find the right blend of spices. but *next time* i'm in Tonbridge....oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to find the perfect Chai latte so when I find one I like I won't let go! Haha well I know it's not exactly local but if you ever do get the chance, you know where to go! haha x

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading this post! Your photography is amazing. Your blog has come leaps and bounds, you should be really proud :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cally :) That's such a lovely comment xx

      Delete