Wednesday 12 March 2014

Happiness is...#6

Life seems to be running away with me at the moment; I spend my days at work, weekends on trains visiting loved ones and evenings are spent at the gym, food shopping or catching up with friends (it's a bit of a problem when you live at least an hour away from most of your friends and family!) So I just haven't had a chance to let it all sink in, let alone write some posts about it! But I promise to get back to normal soon. After all, I'd rather take my time and write better content than just churn out any old rubbish just to hit self-made deadlines. Quality over quantity, right?

Anyway, I'm going to have a quick look at what's been making me happy over the last fortnight. It's another way of making sure that I realise life is wonderful, especially when I am having a bad day or two. Noticing the little things which make you smile is just another way to look after your wellbeing, and to keep you happy - no matter how simple or silly!

So, what's been bringing a smile to my face recently?


I decided to treat myself to a couple of spring items to jazz up my wardrobe. I bought a midi navy blue skirt and a very pretty burgundy oriental kimono shrug, as well as a pair of gorgeous heeled sandals, all from Primark. I can't wait to wear them all in warmer weather!

Have you tried the Love Bar Latte from Pret a Manger recently? It's basically a caramel coffee biscuit in a mug, and tastes as good as it sounds. I enjoyed mine during a little coffee break while shopping with my housemate. Delicious.

I enjoyed a blissful bright pink bath and face-mask one evening last week. It might sound simple but it's a proven favourite with fellow bloggers!

It was obviously Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) last week too, and I indulged in two topping flavours; blueberries and strawberries with melted dark chocolate, and (of course!) lemon and sugar! I ate four in total but I did have to stop myself. I'm thinking that pancakes are too good to be eaten annually...am I right?

I started reading Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Project and absolutely love it so far. Watch out for a review on here once I'm finished.

Spring sprung suddenly this weekend, and I was able to fully appreciate it when I was in Cambridge; there were blossom and daffodils everywhere, and I even enjoyed a cream tea in an orchard. I'll be blogging about this soon too!

What's been making you happy recently?


Jo
xxx
 

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you're deciding to do somethings to cheer yourself up! :) You have a wonderful blog, I'm following you now & can't wait to see lots more! :)

    x leah symonne x

    www.itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it works, when you reflect on your week and notice the little things that made you smile - it emphasises that even on the worst days there was a little good in it! Thank you so much for following and for leaving your link - I will be checking it out as soon as I have a spare moment :) x

      Delete